Winters or summers, a good body scrub is always our skin’s best friend. And how about having this friend in its most pure, natural and healthy form?
DIY 3 Ingredients Sugar Honey Scrub is made up of only 3 ingredients and is entire customizable. If you want to add or remove any ingredients to it, you can easily do so.
The scrub provides good exfoliation as it contains brown sugar granules. It is moisturizing in nature because it contains coconut oil and it adds glow to the skin and helps in proper cleansing because it contains honey as well.
I wanted to use this one precisely on body and face which is why I preferred the slightly coarse brown sugar granules. If you wish to use it only on face and want finer granules, you can grind the sugar.
Coconut oil is highly moisturizing and inexpensive. It is also suitable for all skin types. If you wish, you can replace coconut oil with any other oil like olive oil or sesame oil. But in my opinion, coconut oil is the best for skin.
Brown sugar that is slightly finer than the regular white sugar but since brown sugar is made directly from molasses, it is rich in glycolic acid and thus is better for exfoliation.
Honey, as is well known, is soothing in nature and also anti-bacterial and thus helps in proper cleansing of the skin and soothes the skin by relieving it of any kind of inflammation and rashes.
How To Make Easy 3 Ingredients Sugar Honey Scrub
Follow the instructions given below.
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
Few drops of any essential oil (optional)
Mixing bowl, spoon
- Take all the 3 ingredients in bowls
- Mix honey in the brown sugar
- Add coconut oil slowly to the mix
- Add any essential oil of your choice (optional)
Your scrub is ready. This scrub can be used on face as well as body.
Benefits of Sugar Honey Scrub
The scrub has many benefits. Some of which are:
- It is highly moisturizing in nature.
- The fine brown sugar granules help in removing the hard dead cells of the skin.
- It is anti-bacterial in nature and helps in deep cleansing of the skin.
- It can be used on face as well as body.
- It has a shelf life of approximately 3 months. Mine is almost 2.5 months old and still is as fresh as newly made.
- It gives a nice aroma if you add an essential oil to it.
- It is simple to make, natural and pure and inexpensive.
Homemade beauty products may not smell heavenly like market bought products since they do not use artificial fragrances but they are also not loaded with chemicals unlike ready made products. Once you start using home made, natural products, you wouldn’t feel like going back to your counter available beauty products.
Try making your own scrubs by starting with this simple recipe of scrub. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
For any questions, feel free to ask!
You may also want to try out DIY Moisturizing Peppermint Sugar Coffee Scrub (and Scrub Cubes)