How often you find it difficult to get a moisturizer or a body butter that provides moisturization for more than 24 hours?
A body cream or a body moisturizer that doesn’t need to be applied every six hours or so? Something that easily survives the harsh winters of North India?
I have dry skin and I need a moisturizer that can keep my skin soft and hydrated in the cold months of December and January without the need of re-applying. After having tried multiple products from the market, I decided to make my own version. I must say I am more than pleased with this home made body moisturizer that works for more than 24 hours.
The body butter is easy to make and has a shelf life of more than 3 months! I have been using the one I made, since October and it still feels as fresh as it was on the first day.
This body butter is purely home made, using organic ingredients and works extremely well on the skin. I apply it once after shower and it keeps my skin moisturized till the next morning.
You can make your own body butter too!
How To Make A Moisturizing Body Butter That Works For More Than 24 Hours
4 tbsp Shea Butter
2 tbsp Cocoa Butter
1/4 tbsp grated beeswax
Few drops of any moisturizing oil such as almond/coconut/olive oil
Few drops of an essential oil of your choice. I added lavender oil.
2 Vit. E capsules
How to make body butter: Instructions
- Melt shea butter, cocoa butter and beeswax in a pan or in a double boiler (I also microwave them sometimes as it is easier).
- Let all the ingredients melt together to form a liquid.
- Take the mix off the heat or out of microwave.
- Let it cool down. This takes about 20 mins.
- Add the moisturizing oil and the essential oil.
- Squeeze Vit. E oil from the capsules. The Vit. E i.e.tocopherol acts as a preservative and also a moisturizing agent.
- As you see a slight solid layer on the top of the mix, start beating the mix with a hand blender or an electronic beater.
- Beat it until it gets fluffy.
- Your body butter is ready.
The consistency of the body butter depends on many factors including the ratio of shea and cocoa butter and your room temperature. My body butters tends to solidify after a while in winters but it is perfectly alright as the moment I scoop it out and rub it on my hands, it melts into a cream.
Try your own version. Trust me, once you use your home made body butter, you wouldn’t like any market available product. It is that great.
Its benefits are huge:
- Simple and easy to make
- Provides heavenly moisturization
- Works for more than 24 hrs
- All natural ingredients used
- Cheap on pocket
- Tried and tested by me
- Shelf life of about 3 months
For any questions, please feel free to ask.
You should also read: