After having used coconut oil as a body moisturizer consistently for over a year now, I can swear that there is no moisturizer better than the coconut oil and the best way to use it is to use it as a DIY whipped coconut cream.
I vouch for its easiness to use, its capacity for fast absorption in skin and its tendency to keep the skin hydrated for well over a day. Coconut oil contains Lauric acid that is known for its anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties. It also contains phytonutrients and polyphenols that are great anti oxidants and support regeneration of skin cells. The only little problem in using coconut oil as a body lotion or body moisturizer in winters is that it tends to get solidified. But if you whip it in a cream form, it works like wonders. Just like any other cream on the counter.
DIY moisturizing whipped coconut cream is nothing but coconut oil that has been whipped to make a cream. It is extremely simple and easy to make and it stays put in the jar like a normal, usual cream. Just scoop out a bit on you palms and rub and it melts instantly to become oil and then you apply it on the body. Simple.
Call it Whipped Coconut Cream or Luxurious Whipped Coconut Body Butter or add an essential oil to give it a new name – the cream is the same: highly moisturizing and beneficial to the skin.
How To Make DIY Moisturizing Whipped Coconut Cream
Making of this cream is super duper easy. You just need to follow the easy instructions below and your coconut cream will be ready in minutes.
1 – 2 cup coconut oil
An essential oil of your choice (this is optional)
Electronic blender or mixer
- Scoop out 1 or 2 cups of solidified coconut oil in a pan or mixing bowl.
- If the coconut oil is in the form of a one, big chunk, break it into smaller chunks for easy blending.
- Put the blender or mixer in the bowl and set the speed to high.
- Begin the process of blending while moving the blender all over the bowl for easy and smooth blending.
- As you see the chunks getting whipped into a cream, hold on and pour few drops of any essential oil.
- Blend the mix some more until you see a soft, airy, creamy texture.
- Cream is ready! Store it in a jar.
- You can choose the amount of coconut oil based on your need. But typically, 2 cups make for a better cream. Make sure the oil is not liquid form because then the oil wont get whipped. If your oil is in liquid form, refrigerate it for sometime to make it solid.
- You can use any essential oil or no oil at all. I prefer rose oil or tea tree oil for their added benefits. Adding the essential oil is completely optional and totally depends on your preference. I like to add 8-10 drops of an essential oil for the extra aroma, fragrance, benefits and usage.
- You can also add Vit. E oil to it. Vit. E oil serves two purposes – it is a great moisturizer plus it acts as a preservative too!
This cream has a shelf life of about 4 months. Make one batch, use it and then proceed to make another.
Benefits of DIY Moisturizing Whipped Coconut Cream
- It is easy, simple and inexpensive to make
- It is highly moisturizing and keeps the skin moisturized easily for about 12 hours
- It gets absorbed quickly in the skin
- It can be easily customized – you add an essential oil of your choice as per your skin requirements
- Coconut oil is great for treating stretch marks and other scars
- It is natural and pure in nature and absolutely free of any harmful chemicals
I have been using this whipped cream for over a year now. I made the last batch in November 2016 and I still have half a jar left. I am not only pleased with the cream, I am also highly impressed with the way my skin now behaves.
Go, give a try to this cream. For any questions, feel free to ask.
You may also want to read: