Do you want a spa like experience at home that smells great, makes you feel awesomely sensual and costs almost nothing? Well, I know you do and for this I am going to tell you how to make a DIY rose petals sugar scrub for sensual skin that uses only three ingredients – dried rose petals, sugar and oil.
Rose, as we all know, smells heavenly and has the abilities to add a sensualness to anything it is added to. The spas make the best use of rose petals by adding them to the bath tub or to the manicure/pedicure tub.
There are three ways of using rose in skin care:
- As an essential oil – add few drops to any facial cream or body lotion
- As fresh rose water like I used in this moisturizing body lotion and this soothing rose aloe toner
- As dried petals like I am going to use in this DIY scrub
Rose is a very effective toner for skin. It replenishes the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties and tightens it. It also helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin.
Granulated sugar acts as a perfect exfoliator for skin. It can be safely used on face. You can grind the granules as per your preference of the granules size.
Coconut oil or olive oil work very well for such scrubs. You can use any oil as per your skin’s choice. I prefer to use coconut oil as it is winters here and my skin needs extra nourishment and coconut oil is highly moisturizing and is easily absorbed in the skin.
How To Make DIY Rose Petals Sugar Scrub For Sensual Skin
Body or face scrubs are the easiest DIYs to make. They usually take less than 5 minutes to make and they also use fewer ingredients compared to body butters and facial creams. This scrub is also super easy to make.
1/2 cup dried rose petals
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup moisturizing oil
Essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Grind or crush dried rose petals to smaller flakes
- Add sugar to these tiny flakes
- Add coconut or olive oil
- Add an essential oil of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients and store in a jar
When you add the oil, make sure the oil is in liquid form. You may or may not want to add any essential oil. Dried rose petals give a unique aroma to the whole mix. It smells like a rose flower and give away a pleasant distinctive aroma to the scrub. Still, you can add an essential oil if you wish to. I recommend lavender oil as it is relaxing in nature and matches with the purpose of this scrub.
Benefits of DIY Rose Petals Sugar Scrub
- It is moisturizing in nature
- It smells great i.e. of roses
- It feels like a spa like experience with the goodness of oil and rose and exfoliation effect of the sugar
- It can be used on face and body alike
- It is free of all harmful chemicals and preservatives
- It contains natural ingredients and is packed only with goodness
The scrub is simple and easy to make and actually makes you feel sensual. The aroma of rose lingers on for sometime. The oil gives good hydration to the body and you may not feel the need to apply any moisturizer after using it.
Store it in a glass jar but be careful while using it in bathroom.
The scrub can be used for a fortnight easily without going stale. To increase its shelf life, you can add lemon essential oil or pour some Vit. E oil in it.