Vitamin C is the best tonic for any skin. The ascorbic acid present in vitamin C has anti oxidants properties that play an important role in collagen synthesis, thus making vitamin C an essential nutrient for skin. Not only this, topical application of vitamin C on skin also helps in repairing the skin cells that suffer photo damage due to long exposure to sun. Vitamin C is also known as the brightening vitamin. It helps in giving a brightness and overall glow to the skin.
DIY skin brightening vitamin C face mask is based on the above knowledge. It imparts a shine and brightness to the skin as it is loaded with vitamin C and thus contains the richness of anti oxidants.
Strawberries, oranges, lemon juice and curd – all the four ingredients used in the making of the face mask are excellent sources of vitamin C. All these four are sour fruits and as we know they are rich in ascorbic acid thus making them very suitable for any skin type. Though the best way to consume vitamin C is to eat it but even topical application helps a lot. There are several ways to apply vitamin C on skin – you can simply rub the fruit on face or crush a vitamin C tablet and use it as an exfoliator on face. This face mask is another way of doing it.
How To Make DIY Skin Brightening Vitamin C Face Mask
Collect ingredients that are rich in vitamin C, mix them as mentioned below and a cool face mask is ready.
- Two strawberries
- 2 slices of oranges
- 1tbsp of fresh curd
- Few drops of lemon juice
- You can add chickpea floor as a binding agent (optional)
- Take the ingredients (all but chickpea flour) in a bowl
- You can mix all of them with hand by crushing or blend them in a blender
- Blending makes it into a smooth paste or simply crush and strain
- Add chickpea flour as a binding agent (this is totally optional) or use it as a liquid
- Let it sit on face for few minutes and wash off normally
Use of chickpea flour is totally optional. I prefer using it because that way the face mask easily sits on the face and also because it helps in skin tightening. But you can skip it if you wish. Simply apply the liquid face mask. Rub it gently on the face and let it rest there.
You can add more fruits – pineapple, mango, papaya – or ingredients rich in vitamin C to the mask as per your choice and suitability to skin.
The shelf life of this face mask is two days, so take the quantities accordingly.
Benefits of DIY Skin Brightening Vitamin C Face Mask
- It helps in repairing the damaged skin cells
- It helps in making the skin look brighter and younger
- Helps in regenerating of new skin cells
- Helps in adding a soft glow and shine to the skin
- Adds vitamin C to the skin which is an essential nutrient of the skin
- It is free of any harmful chemicals or preservatives
- It is natural in nature and does not have any side effects
Try out this brightening face mask. Trust me it will fare far better than any market available product.