Things I Want To Do Before I Die..
I never believed in the idea of bucket list until I read that announcing your resolutions (or dreams) helps in achieving them. And of course, I understand that now. When you announce your wishlist or resolution-list, you become accountable to all those who know about it. And you are under their radar now. So, here I am – under the scrutiny of my readers and I am happy to share with you my secret desires. Why? Because more than anything, I want to just do these.
The list is no particular order. I am adding the items as they appear in my mind. I am not mentioning items like dancing in rain or curling up in bed with a book or donate blood, because I have done these million times and I do these often and these aren’t my bucket list items, these are my habits!
- Win a major sweepstake. I have won several lucky draws and online contests but I do want to win a major grand prize or something and wanna know how it feels like to get lucky.
- Go on a cruise. My dear friend here in Cambridge and I often talk about cruises. She is mad about them! And that has inly increased their charm for me.
- Write a book and get it published. No ghost writing!
- Win an award for writing. Any renowned prize will do.
- Get published in The New York Times.
- Get published in the likes of The New York Times viz., Washington Post,
The Hindu, New Yorker, Huffington Post, Boston Globe, Time, Forbes, Inc.com, The Atlantic, The Guardian, USA Today, The Daily Mail, The Sun, Chicago Tribuneand The Daily Telegraph.
- Visit Antarctica.
- Do adventure sports –
parasailing(Mauritius), paragliding(Gangtok), scuba diving(Havelock Island), sea walking(North Bay Island), bungee jumping, sky diving, hiking, river rafting, ice skating(Mumbai) and ice skiing.
- Attend meditation retreat. And change my life! haha.
- Meet Amitabh Bachchan. – Can anyone help me with this one?
- Eat authentic Turkish Baklava.
- Visit Meghalaya and Nagaland.
- Appear on TV.
- Give a TED Talk.
- Retire with Sanjay in a small house overlooking a water body.
- Stay in French country side.
- Fly in hot air balloon over Cappadocia.
- Visit Serengeti national park and Masai Mara national park.
- Get a tattoo.
Visit a s*x club and watch a s*x show(Amsterdam).
- Go solo backpacking.
- Spend a night in tree house.
- Watch Aurora northern lights.
- Go apple picking or lavendar picking.
- Stay in an igloo.
- Bake a good cake.
- Prepare food in langar.
Donate my one month’s salary to charity. Adopt a child’s education. Explore a ship wreck.
- Visit unique and out of the world man-made places/buildings/experiences viz., restaurant Ithaa and Snow Castle, Resorts like Gili Lankan Fushi, Buildings like Burj Khalifa,
- La Tomatina.
See an ACTIVE Volcano.
- Disneyland with my daughter(s).
- Stay in a castle.
Anne Frank Museum.
- Fjords of Norway (and if possible stand on a boulder between mountains).
- Run a marathon.
- Stroll on a beach in bikini.
- Go skinny dip (inspired by my bestie; possibly in Germany because thats where its allowed and culturally popular)
Turtle nesting. Stay in the woods in a ten t(Russia near seliger lake).
- Star in a movie (even if its extra *shy*).
Finish book in one go(Read several of them).
- Fly in a private jet.
- Fly a drone or any aircraft.
- Road trip across a country.
- Lose weight and get in shape.
Ride in a helicopter.
- Learn a form of dance.
- Travel to at least 50 countries. (8 countries done!)
Make a painting and get it framed. Learn car driving. But I need to practice.
- Learn a new sport.
- Get a complete makeover, just once.
- Get a professional photoshoot.
- Sleep on ground – grassy plains, park or under Eiffel tower.
- Volunteer in Africa.